“I don’t fix problems, I fix my thinking. Then problems fix themselves.”
Spring is coming. I can see the light! The sun shines, the rain showers and the flower fragrants. Hot Girl Winter becomes Hot Girl Spring. But how can one maintain high spirits when lockdown limbo continues? Having a positive routine, a healthy mental diet and soothing self-talk can help. Here are some things I’m trying…
One thing I’m not short of at the moment is time, with significantly less of it spent on commuting, working on site and socialising. Instead of a longer morning and evening routine, I’m finding that 3 short brain or body breaks work well to boost morale. I choose one of these breaks to do morning, arvo and evening.
- Breathwork (4-7-8, Box Breath, Wim Hof on the YouTubes)
- Meditation (guided/yoga nidra via Insight Timer)
- Affirmation tracks (Roxy Talks YouTube channel)
- Yoga (Downward Dog app)
- Song workout (Madfit YouTube channel)
- Walking (towards coffee or through nature-preferably both)
- Roxy Talks/ Dylan James motivational YouTube channels
- One fiction/ one non-fiction book on the go
- Subliminal for sleep (Self-Concept Limitless Manifestor YouTube video)
- Burning stuff (candles, oil, sage)
- Masking it up (clay/sheet face masks)
- Cleaning (self, clothes, space, endless cat hair)
While I’m breaking up my day into 3’s, the 3-6-9 Method is the perfect fit! The 369-manifestation method involves writing down your desire in a particular sequence
– 3 times in the morning, 6 times in the afternoon, and 9 times at night. This ritual should be followed for 45 days and be phrased in a way that includes emotions and gratitude e.g.: “I’m so thankful, proud and happy to work at a job I love where I’m loved”.
What’s getting you through lockdown friends? Miss you much.
Love and light xxx Yvette
If you enjoyed this, why not…
Sign up with your email to Vetty and the Mail chimps to receive a heads up about new posts.
See you on the socials