I saw Ryan today. He was standing near my locker. Jjsskkkcccc jskkcchhcccjjjjsss!!! I had just come back from PE so hope I didn’t look fug. If I did…FML! Also, am having mac and cheese for dinner (my 2nd fave after beef strog) and listening to Taylor on Spotify on repeat. So, I guess you can say today’s been a good day. More later. Ok byeee! xoxo
Do you write a dear-diary dear reader? I loved debriefing in my diary during my teen years. It was one of those ones with a lock and key in case parental/ sibling types got any bright ideas about breaking in. I’ve kept writing in them on and off over the years and find it wonderfully therapeutic, although now I’m all growns up and like..spiritual and stuff, I call it journaling.
“Journals give us a place to vent and a place to dream. They are intended for no eyes but our own” Julia Cameron
I’ve experimented with different forms over the years from the morning pages as recommended by Julia Cameron in “The Artist’s Way”, to the ask-my-guides/ higher-self questions as suggested by Sonia Choquette in “Trust your vibes”, to the gratitude lists every man and his dog know are good to do. All these have been beneficial for brain-dumping, connecting to spirit and keeping the appreciation vibes high.
Dr. Gail Matthews, a psychology professor at the Dominican University in California, recently studied the art and science of goal setting. And she discovered that those who wrote down their goals and dreams on a regular basis achieved those desires at a significantly higher level than those who did not. In fact, she found that you become 42% more likely to achieve your goals and dreams, simply by writing them down on a regular basis.*
I now do a combo of stream of conscious scribble followed by gratitude/ intention/ goal setting morning and evening. The length varies but I find it makes a positive difference to my state of mind as I enter or exit my day. Re-watching “The Secret” reminded me that I should write myself a million-dollar cheque and stick it to the ceiling á la Jack Canfield and also, that my goals/vision should be written in the present tense as if they’re already here. Here’s a sneak peek into my TOP-SECRET! PRIVATE! Journal…
- I am so happy and grateful for my job which is well paid, in flow, fun and creative. I love working with and for people I love and respect who love and respect me.
- I so appreciate the financial freedom and abundance I have. I love being a home owner, buying quality things I love and travelling to new and inspiring places.
- Thank you for my beautiful, comfy, peaceful home. I enjoy being close to nature, connecting with the community around me and being able to walk to inspiring places.
- I love that all my relationships are filled with love, joy, fun, affection and honesty. I enjoy the company of everyone in my life and am accepted fully as myself and accept others as they are too.
- I always nurture my mind, body and spirit and listen to my inner wisdom.
- I’m so grateful that I write and share my blog with honesty and humour and it is read and enjoyed.
- I love my life. I’m positive and peaceful. Things are great and getting better. And so it is xoxo Y
- Ps: Today a bitch really tried it…JK! It’s all LOVE here.
Love and light and ILY! LOL xoxo Gossip Girl/ Yvette
Julia Cameron The Artist’s Way: Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning. There is no wrong way to do Morning Pages. They are not high art. They are not even “writing.” They are about
anything and everything that crosses your mind– and they are for your eyes
only. Morning Pages provoke, clarify, comfort, cajole, prioritize and
synchronize the day at hand. Do not over-think Morning Pages: just put
three pages of anything on the page…and then do three more pages tomorrow. https://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/
Sonia Choquette: I want to give you a quick tip on both automatic writing and inspirational writing. When we use this tool, we are connecting to our Higher Self and our guides to respond to us through writing so grab a notepad or note book and let me know how this tip worked for you. All my love. (1 min vid clip) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFPKpi2Rao
*The Power of Writing Down Your Goals https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-power-of-writing-down_b_12002348
Jack Canfield “The Secret (37 sec vid clip) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4DBrg32FM
Join me…pretty please. Sign up with your email to Vetty and the Mail chimps to receive a weekly alert of bloggy and other assorted goodness: https://weavethefuturemagical.com/join-me-pretty-please/