I was inspired by the shiny bit of the Sunday paper where the columnists list the things they’re currently interested in. Here are some of mine.
I’m listening to…
- Podcast: WILOSOPHY with Wil Anderson. A long form funny interview chat. His talks with Andy Lee (Episode 103) and Clementine Ford (Episode 107) are especially worth a listen for their brutal honesty and compassion.
- Podcast: Separate Bathrooms and other handy marriage tips with Cam and Ali Daddo (formerly Alison Brahe of Dolly cover girl fame. I Stan). This Aussie 90’s golden couple have been through a lot in their almost 30-year marriage and share their experiences and advice in an authentic and often heart-breakingly honest way. See Episode 5 “To Therapy or Not to Therapy”.
- Music: The Streets. Entire back catalogue. I saw them live recently and renewed my need to be word-perfect geezers need excitement. Love the street poetry and philosophy and fave is the classic, “Don’t Mug Yourself”: And I’m like, honestly, it’s not like that. You’re actin’ like I’m prancing like a sap jumpin’ when she claps and that. Oi, do you really think I act whack? Cause I’m telling you I’m servin’ the aces and it’s game set and match.
- Some home improvements. It’s fun. I might become a flipper yet. My design vibe is ‘make it white’. A Hamptons inspired home in the inner North. Getting kitchen and bathrooms cabinets painted white and a new dishwasher. Huzzah!
- To try Hip-Hop Yoga and R’n’B yoga. Combine 2 of my faves. Namaste be-arch!
- YouTube: Three Birds Renovations. For home inspo and girl power. “Modern coastal barn’. Say no more…
- ABC I-view: Fleabag. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is outrageously funny and shocking.
- Foxtel Play: Big Little Lies Season 2. Brilliant powerhouse cast. The Hills: New Beginnings. For old time’s sake, I continue to be invested in the lifestyles of the rich and the sorta They’re always complaining. Always complaining. Justin Bobby’s still got IT tho.
- That it feels good to meditate in a group. I use the Headspace App: Live Meditation. Something comforting about reading ‘423 people meditated with you’. Ommm. Have a fun day guyz!…Guyz?!
What are you listening to, planning, watching and learning? I’d love to hear about it.
Love and light and the rest is still unwritten xxx Yvette
WILOSOPHY with Andy Lee: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/wilosophy-with-andy-lee/id951354264?i=1000440001393
WILOSOPHY with Clementine Ford: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wilosophy-with-clementine-ford/id951354264?i=1000442769291
The Streets “Don’t Mug Yourself”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHs2sQOHX-0
Hip Hop Yoga https://www.hiphopyogabrunswick.com/
Three Birds Renovations intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaab2yWLE_8
“Fleabag” Season 1 Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhZHv2id6Sk
“Big Little Lies” Season 2 Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VV8u766E7Q
“The Hills New Beginnings” Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qib56XoDDIE
Headspace app https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app