“If you build it, he will come”.
This was what Kevin Costner heard a voice say as he wandered through the corn fields in the movie “Field of Dreams”. It inspired him to overcome obstacles and build a baseball diamond in his field which attracts Shoeless Joe Jackson and other dead baseball players emerge from the cornfields to play ball. WTAF?
“If you book them, they will come”.
This is what the spirit of Jim Morrison tells Mike Myers in a dream in “Wayne’s World 2”. It inspires him to overcome obstacles and put on a rock concert which attracts Aerosmith to play until they hurl. No way. Way!
In both of these quality films, the characters have to trust their vision and stay true to it regardless of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, nay-sayers, mortality and a Christopher Walken villain. This is exactly like what Abraham Hicks says about the Law of Attraction, “Act as if you already have it and I assure you, it will come”. How can we do this?
Make time and space for what you want. Walk the walk and talk the talk.
- If you want to attract a partner- clear out a drawer, pick a side of the bed to sleep on, schedule time to date and dress up even if it’s just taking yourself out for a coffee.
- If you want to be a yoga teacher-do a detox, say Namaste to unsuspecting members of the general public, stock up on active wear, commit to regular sun salutations.
- If you want to be a writer-declare yourself one in your insta bio, write a little sumthin-sumthin daily, seek inspo in the library, consider faux-specs for an intellectual look.
Day dream about it.
- Create a board/ box filled with pics and words to fuel your vision. I don’t hear enough ripping!
- Meditate on an ideal day and then try to recreate an ideal day, whenever/wherever possible. And that’s the deal my dear.
Thank U. Next!
- A grateful heart is a magnet for miracles.
- Gratitude becomes magic when it is expressed prior to receiving the blessing.
- Enough said.
So act AS IF by clearing time and space, visioning it and thanking everything and, like Kevin and Mike, stay true to your dreams regardless of probability. You may well attract a Shoeless Joe or an Aerosmith!
Love and light and if you build it, people will come xxx Yvette.
“If you build it. They will come”. Field of Dreams (1989). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3c_pJ_CLJQ
“If you book them. They will come”. Wayne’s World 2 (1993). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7J4aXagF3I
“Act As If You Already Have It and It Will Come!” Abraham Hicks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scqk-Jww6aI